Goshen HELP started because two women heard that teens in Goshen County were homeless. They weren't on the streets. That just doesn't happen in Goshen County, but they were couchsurfing, living in cars, or staying in abandoned buildings. Our first desire was to give hope to these teens and to provide them the resources they needed to look forward to their future. Along the way we recognized that a healthy family and healthy community would help prevent homeless teens. Thus our goal is to provide resources for homeless teens, but also to improve our community to help prevent teens from becoming homeless in the first place.
Goshen HELP Board Members
Goshen HELP is a tripartite board. That simply means that 1/3 of the board members hold a publicly elected office, 1/3 of the board members qualify as low income, and 1/3 of the board members are community members from Goshen County.
- Goshen County School District #1 - Board Chairman
- Residential Supervisor - ST. Joseph's Children's Home - Torrington Wyoming.
- Baseball/Softball/Basketball coach
- Church Volunteer
- McDonalds - Customer Service Department Manager
- Volunteer - Stacey Houk Family Enrichment Center
- Volunteer - Pennies for Salem
- Goshen County School District #1 - District Gifted & Talented Coordinator (Retired)
- Community Volunteer
- Goshen HELP founding Board Member
Goshen HELP Staff
- Pastor of Family Church of the Nazarene
- Chairman of The Salvation Army - Goshen County Service Extension Unit
- Former President of the Goshen County Ministerial Association
- Former President of Goshen HELP
- Volunteer Coordinator for Torrington Mobile Food Pantries